Wednesday 7 April 2010

Guadaloupe Massive

I sometimes wonder how we get to gain our paticular group of friends. Is it chance? Similar interests? Determinism? I have friends who all I share in common with is the same school and the same peverted warped sense of humour. Of course if I give it a little more thought I'd be able to come up with many more things that we share in common. But they'd be things that don't instantly come to the top of my mind, so do they really matter in friendship? Or is it just the main factors, in this case peverted warped sense of humour and the same school?
There are things my friends do that I'd never do. People who know me well, know that I have weird hygiene 'rules' about me, something a couple of my friends just don't adhere their own bodies to. Which makes me retch and do my 'giggle like a schoolgirl' giggle at the same time. Similarly theres things that I say that I just couldn't mention to anyone else but my friends for fear of being burned at a stake or locked up for a breach of public peace.
Same goes for girlfriends, myself, have only had one girlfriend, which ended disastrously and on bad terms, but how'd do we get to be with these partners? In this instance it was sheer resilience on my part and the same class in psychology, but would we have got together without a certain amount of resilience or without having the same class in psychology? If you believe that I would have, surely it means you fall into the camp of determinism (i.e. free will is impossible, and our path is, in laymans terms, already planned due to our previous choices).

How very serious of me. And such an abrupt end. But it was in my mind, so thought I'd write about it.
United lost. Gutted. In other news, a German family tried to bring a dead body through Liverpool John Lennon airport, the airport crew got suspicious when the cadaver was the only body not drinking the bar dry and swearing at the staff.
AND WITH THAT APPALLING JOKE I'LL MOVE ON.
Got friends coming to Ormskirk tomorrow, I've bought a bottle of Smirnoff Apple Vodka and a cheap bottle of Apple Sourz. It'll be, hopefully, an odd and enjoyable weekend filled with tequila cocktails and the comedy stylings of Fighting Talk.
I probably won't be posting for a couple of days as well, so you'll have 2 days without this shit. Huzzah.

Love and A Stroll Through Hive Manor Corridors

Jc

0 comments:

Post a Comment