Sunday 24 October 2010

Its The End Of The Blog As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

Hello urchins, lemmings, grunts and guppies.

On my last night out with my best mate Luke and Libby, my good friend from Uni, the subject of life's little pleasures was brought up, as Luke was compiling a list of small things that he gains enormous pleasure from. As well as being fucking hilarious ("Josh, I've thought of another one, when a sliding lock on a toilet door works really smoothly with no friction."), it made me think of my own little pleasures that I experience and have yet to experience.
I'll be writing them here, and it'll probably continue to grow for as long as this blog continues I guess, if you find it odd, then fuck off you're not welcome.

1. The smell of a freshly unwrapped DVD.
2. Pears.
3. Finding five pound notes in your week old unwashed jeans that smell of tequila.
4. (Luke is right) When a sliding lock on a toilet door works really smoothly with no friction.
5. New bedding.
6. The intro of 'Baba O' Riley' by The Who.
7. The intro of 'Mr. Brightside' by The Killers.
8. The intro of 'Thats Not Really Funny' by The Eels.
9. The first cider on a night out.
10. Multiple black/purple sweets in a bag of whatever confectionery (Be it Skittles, Fruit Pastilles etc).
11. Proving someone wrong using Google.
12. Barburrito Burritos.
13. Getting a text of the girl you reeeeeeeeally like. How fucking twee of me.
14. Claiming a fluke in pool as a trick shot 'you just pulled off'.
15. Days when e4 shows the later series of Friends instead of the older crap ones.
16. Days when e4 shows the older series of Scrubs instead of the newer crap ones.
17. Punching someone in the face. (Done it twice, both were deserved)
18. Finally remembering/finding out the name of a song you've been thinking about for weeks.
19. Taking wallpaper down and managing to get a big dock-off bit off the wall.
20. Winning an argument on Facebook.

It could very well be an end of a very short and unspectacular blog career. I'm starting to having to force doing these and that's not what I really wanted to do, I just wanted to write down what I was thinking about at the exact moment I started writing, and it seems that when I start writing the only things that are on my mind are either what I've done today, how my mind is being fucking mental as usual, or women troubles. And I don't think that this is really interesting. And if its not interesting to me, it sure as hell won't be interesting to you. If I can figure out a new way of writing or a new way of drawing up ideas to get my disgusting creative juices flowing, I'll continue. If the dregs of you out there can think of a way, let me know.

Love and Series 2 of Jackass was the best.

Jc

0 comments:

Post a Comment