Friday 1 October 2010

Eat Pray Fail to reignite your career

ALRIGHT YOU COW SHITS IN THE FIELD THAT I CALL MY LIFE I HATE YOU ALL.
I'm back and thoroughly pissed from a good drink and play of FIFA 11 with my mate. I'm drunk on wine and fizzy Vimto and all the rest of the housemates are out, leaving me free to walk around in the nude and crank the decent music to 11. I'm upset at not knowing anyone with my taste of music. Granted they're quite niche genres in this day and age of shit rap and RnB, but come on, you'd think they'd be someone walking around at least dressed in the clothing that you'd associate with psychobilly or punk. Once again, granted I don't dress that way a good 95% of the time, but thats purely due a combination of laziness, being strapped for cash and availability of such clothing. If you're out there and live in Lancaster, just get in fucking contact, I need someone to kick people to in a confined musical space.
Wine is a beautiful drink, my Mum drinks it in healthy amounts regularly, and has constantly offered it me since I've started to casually drink, which was at about the age of 15-16. I always refused, just due to me always feeling embarassed at the prospect of drinking in front of my Mum. I can only remember 3 times where I've sworn in front of my Mum.
1. When I nearly got ran over by a car in the carpark of Morrisons Fleetwood
2. When I was telling her the name of Quentin Tarantinos latest film, 'Inglourious Basterds'
3. When she rang and told me about Student Finance.

Its an odd thing. I'm totally open to my Mum. I told her when I first started having sex, I've told her that I've tried weed and I've told her when I first started to feel so Bi-Polar low that I could quite easily give up my life. But I've always felt embarassed and (this may be a strong word) ashamed when I drink.
I have the total opposite with my Dad. I still have the emotional bond towards my Dad, but when I've been asked to describe my relationship to my Dad, I've always said that he's 'been a shit Dad but my best, best, best friend', its a bond that I've always wished I'd had in the older childhood years of my life, ages 11,12,13. It may sound like a bad thing but alcohol opened him up to me. It was only when I looked old enough to be served in pubs that we've managed to connect, that doesn't mean we have to be royally wankered to have a conversation, but, as I'm sure some people who read this know, a cold glass of cider, (or John Smiths for my Dad) is one hell of an icebreaker.
I have to say I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm extremely lucky.

Love and apologies for lack of funnies.

Jc

0 comments:

Post a Comment