Monday 22 March 2010

Lets start with a joke.

I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion, has already been born.


Got hold of my tax exemption forms today, just hope the landlord doesn't mind waiting for the council to process them, and hopefully, if all's well and good, me and my other housemates can sign the papers tomorrow for our new house. But as is most times in my life, theres a small sliver of doubt in my mind, thinking that something is going to go wrong. When I say a small sliver what I actually mean is A MASSIVE FREAKING TUMOUR OF LETS-DOUBT-EVERYTHING-ITIS, its a symptom of OCD and can only be treated by calling yourself a cock twenty times a day for every single day. The presciption is in the post.
A story which is now a few years old caught my eye today, I'll link it:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7546975.stm
The man in question says that we should now accept well known incorrect spellings into everyday written language as they're so commonly misused and misspelt, that instead of complaining every year that childrens spelling is getting worse, we should nail the problem by accepting these as 'variations' of the words. Now, is it just me or does this appear extremely defeatist by the criminology lecturer? Its like working as a manager at a high street store and getting fed up of the odd few queue jumpers, and deciding to be done with queues altogether. Instead of changing the laws, teach the masses better. My argument is probably flawed, but not as flawed as his. Stick to criminology methinks.
Ooh that got me quite riled didn't it. Its probably the fifth time I've said this in this medium, but I cannot wait to be back in Fleetwood, its my Mothers (yes I call her mother, I don't why) birthday in March 26th (?), it might be 28th...
Lets go with 28th. I know, I'll give a present to her on the 27th just inbetween and say Happy Birthday on the 26th just incase. But yes, so I can't wait to see her, I'm a self-confessed mummys boy, and always will be, I think its because we have such a strong relationship over the years, Its been just me and her, (and several pets, including the rat ex-boyfriend she had a few years back) so its not suprising honestly.
We have a large strong family on my mothers side, less so on my dads side, but still much more than others have, and I can honestly say its them thats kept me sane over these years. Theres no hiding away from them, they're like a friendly cancer (haha can't believe I've described my family as a 'friendly cancer'...), as there just there and inescapable, if one member of the 30+ family doesn't turn up to a 'Wilson Sunday' as they've become to be known, Grandad will ask why, and Auntie Jo will as why, then Dominic will ask why, then others will ask why, and ring up and find out why and see if you're OK. People could find it annoying. But I find it fantastic, and warming that people are always there through thick and thin, and with the thin times, they'll be there with a joke. Not always an appropiate joke mind you, but thats what I've always said, if you don't like my humour, then don't meet my family.

Love and Wilson Sunday Kahlua

Jc

0 comments:

Post a Comment