Tuesday 30 November 2010

At least after the 2022 World Cup, Qatar will have some cracking stadiums to stone women in.

It's been long madamemouselle.
Can't remember when I last posted. I don't suppose it matters anyway. Main news is that my bollocks contain the last remaining chance of continuing the Cannings family name. Now, there are a fair few Canning's about the world but there are much, much less Cannings' in the world. Call me a traditionalistic and favouring nepotism man, but I'd quite like to carry on the family name. The name comes from my Dad's side, my Mum's maiden name being Wilson. Which is HILARIOUSLY COMMON. A friend suggested that I pay someone to take my name, to carry it on as it were, but I don't fancy shelling out 10 pounds and a burrito to a 52 year old Mexican to become Jernandez Cannings. We're a hairy enough breed us Cannings' without getting the beaners (google it, it's friendly racism, like doing squinty eyes for Chinese folk) involved.

How do you kill Superman? Knock him off his horse and wait 10 years.

Wikipedia time.

Vladimir Vidric
A Croatian poet. Considered a major figure of the Croatian secessionist poetry. High praise indeed.
I've yet to write a poem I've considered above average, that hasn't got anything to do with mental illness, ex-girlfriends, pencils or that hasn't got a humorous edge to it. I've also written zero poems I've liked whilst sober. So I'm no Vladimir Vidric, apparently he died in obscure circumstances in a mental hospital in Zagreb. Happy days.

Patrick Scherberger
A comic book penciller, best known for his work on 'Marvel Adventures: Spider-man'. I'm reading three comic books at the moment. 'The Walking dead', which has just been turned into a fucking awesome tv programme. The comic is a good couple of tv seasons ahead, as it were. But just seeing it, so lovingly recreated onto screen, not missing out ANY characters, or tiny events, its absolutely fantastic and massive praise has to be given to Frank Darabont for it's success. I also read 'The Boys', which is an extremely graphic graphic novel, about 5 'superheros', or 'supes' as they're known, who regulate all of the other superhero teams in the world created. Simon Pegg is apparently a reader, and also on-board when it gets the go-ahead to be transformed into a series. and 'FreakAngels' which is an online comic, posted every Friday, and is pretty fucking awesome I have to say. Its free, and linked below. I started reading it 2 months ago, its been going for like 2 years, and I just caught up by reading from the start in one go, all in one big 6 hour chunk. Was an awesome night.


Enough of that.

My mum asked me what I'd like for Christmas. A month ago I responded with, 'an Xbox 360, Kinect and games', I have now swapped this for a years gym membership, I have no excuse with getting rid of this spare tyre and down to rugby shape once more, I cannot wait. But until the membership starts I'll be eating nothing but Haribo, peanut butter sandwiches and Worcester Sauce flavour crisps. I have lost weight recently, I can now get into my size 36" waist trousers and jeans, which is quite nice.

Straighteners. Somewhat ironically making you more gay.

Love and Bulmers.
Jc

0 comments:

Post a Comment